Haui is a mixed media artist who directs (stage x screen) designs (visual arts + video/projection) and devises (produces, performs, playwright and poetry) in theatre, opera and film. Haui's work is mixed like their DNA, exploring themes of race, gender and orientation.
Born in Bath, England to mixed Caribbean and European heritage Haui began his performance career with Bath Light and Operatic Group. Currently based in Canada Haui is a recent inaugural artist-in-residence with Black Lives Matter - Canada. He is actively seeking opportunities to return back to the UK to work with likeminded multidisciplinary artists, blurring the lines between artistic mediums.
Upcoming Haui is the librettist/director of a new operatic opus about black history produced by the Canadian Opera Company in association with Canada's National Arts Centre's Creation Fund, Canada Council for the Arts, and Ontario Arts Council.
- Director/Librettist, Aportia Chryptych: A Black Opera for Portia White/Canadian Opera Company 2024
- Happy, Film, 2024
- Video Designer, Shadow of a Doubt, Shaw Festival, 2023
- Director, Private Flowers, Fort York/City of Toronto/Pride Toronto, 2023
- Visual Artist, "Left to their own devises they Free/d Worlds" Exhibition BLM-Canada March 2023
- Director Shadow to Atom Egoyan, Salome, Canadian Opera Company Feb 2023
Select Past Credits
- Associate Director, Choir Boy, Canadian Stage, Nov 22
- Video/Projection Designer, The Man That Got Away, Nov 22
- Director, Lizzie Siddal (Reading)/Stratford Festival, 2022
- Video/Projection Designer, Hamlet 911/Stratford Festival, Aug 22
- Video/Projection Designer, Luminato Festival, 2021
- Director, MixedUp/Jack Fox Media in association with OUTtv, Nov 2020
- Video/Projection Designer, Oh What A Lovely War, Shaw Festival
- Assistant Director to Peter Hinton, Louis Riel/National Arts Centre + Canadian Opera Company 2017
For full resume please see CV
Ryerson University (Performance Acting)
University of Los Angeles - USPA